Here are a few simple steps to help streamline your experience with Veterinary Imaging of the Chesapeake:
Referring Veterinarian Information
- Call (410) 224-0121 - ext 8 or fill out the request form online and submit it to email@example.com. (Same day MRI appointments must be made over the phone.) Once submitted you will receive a phone call within 24 business hours to schedule your appointment and receive additional information.
- For patients undergoing an MRI procedure we require them to be fasted for 8-12 hours prior to the scan.
- All patients are required to have a CBC/chemistry profile measured within the past two weeks. This can be performed by Veterinary Imaging of the Chesapeake for an additional fee.
- Two orthogonal radiographs (VD and Lateral) of the chest are needed within three (3) months prior to the exam. This can also be performed at our clinic for an additional fee.
- If you would like to email the bloodwork and/or radiographs to us please send them to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please be as specific as possible when requesting an MRI. The exams are performed specific to each body part and additional imaging of separate areas requires an additional fee at a reduced charge. Please call to discuss these cases so that we can ensure the proper imaging study is being performed.
- We will bill the referring veterinarian (not the client) and will charge your credit card when the exam is performed. You will be provided with a receipt from the transaction for your records.